A wide range of volunteer opportunities are available on and off the construction site for individuals, corporate groups, student groups, youth groups, and faith groups.
Thank you for your interest in Volunteering with Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity!
Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity (LAHFH) utilizes volunteers to construct homes, work in the ReStore, help plan events and more. Volunteers make a difference by helping LAHFH keep construction costs low. Whether you are part of a church group, a school club, a corporate organization, or just an individual looking to gain volunteer experience, we’re always looking for volunteers.
To prepare yourself to volunteer with us, there are a couple things you should do:
- Sign up for the shift on our volunteer calendar, by clicking the button to the right.
- Sign the updated Waiver of Liability, if it is your first volunteer shift for the year.
- Watch this safety video.
If you have any questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Brianna Gruenberg at (218) 359-0814 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No experience needed
No experience is needed to help build homes – only a desire to make a difference in our community. Our friendly and knowledgeable crew leaders will be there to help and answer questions every step of the way. So whether this is your first time lifting a hammer, or you are a construction professional, we would appreciate your help on a build site!
When you have arrived on the build site, we ask you do the following things:
- Sign in with the volunteer coordinator or construction manager. Don’t forget to sign out when you leave!
- Listen carefully to the site supervisor’s safety talk and projects for the day.
- Sign a paper waiver if you didn’t do this online.
- Make sure you have the proper safety gear for the day (closed toed shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc.)
Parking on build sites:
We kindly ask that you do not park in front of mailboxes and that you spread your vehicles out along the road so neighbors still have some street parking available. Thanks for helping us be good neighbors!
(Pay attention to the “no parking on ___ day” signs to avoid parking tickets.)