keep the cycle going
Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity ReStore is your local home-improvement thrift store offering quality new and gently used building supplies, furniture,appliances and much more with prices ranging from 25-75% off retail price. All proceeds from Habitat ReStore support Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity’s mission of building affordable homes in Cass and Clay counties. ReStore is also a green alternative to disposing used home improvement materials. On average, ReStore keeps over one million pounds of usable materials out of local landfills and into home building, remodeling, and creative arts projects per year.
The ReStore is a robust community of customers, donors and volunteers. It is a cycle of giving that helps our community thrive. Keep the cycle going, donate and shop at Habitat ReStore.
see what’s new
Visit our Facebook page to see a few of our newest items.
Remember, our inventory changes daily. The best way to see what new products are for sale is to stop by Habitat ReStore today!
habitat restore accepts:
● Cabinets, up-to-date and not damaged
● Furniture in good condition, no rips or stains, dressers, tables, couches, chairs, etc.
● Appliances in good working condition – Fridges, washers & dryers, ranges, etc.
● Doors and door accessories
● Plumbing, usable fixtures, parts and supplies
● Electrical, usable fixtures, parts and supplies
● Windows, insulated glass, no broken glass, no sashes accepted
● Hardware, knobs, hinges, locks, nails, cabinet pulls, nuts, bolts, screws
● Lumber, clean, no cracks, splits, nails; at least 4 ft. long
● Roofing, no scrap metal materials please, bundled shingles & tar paper
● Carpet, new, no used carpet, at least 12’ X 12’ in size
● Tools, hand, garden, working power
● Flooring, wood (clean), ceramic tile, vinyl
● Kitchen and bath fixtures, neutral color, vanities, lighting, toilets & sinks
● Millwork/trim, wood casing and base (clean), vinyl base, ceramic
● Furnaces and air conditioners
● Paint, full gallons from businesses only
● Siding; vinyl, aluminum or wood lap, new or like new
habitat restore cannot accept:
● Toys, clothes,
● Small appliances
● Electronics – computers
● Broken items- bricks, glass or mirrors
● Partial cans of paint
● Paint thinner & other hazardous or toxic chemicals or pesticides
● Less than 5 lbs. of hardware—screws, nails, washers, bolts, etc.
● Rusted hardware—screws, nails, washers, bolts, etc.
● Used cast iron sinks
● Drinking fountains
● Open or used wallpaper
● Used blinds
● Used carpet or used carpet pad
● Urinals or shower doors
● Partial sheet goods (less than ½ sheet)
● Window parts and pieces
● Trim or lumber less than 4 ft. long
● Damaged windows or doors
● ReStore also has the right to refuse any donation because of their condition or potential disposal cost
making a material donation
Pick-ups – We are happy to schedule a pick-up of items, right from your home.
Call 218-284-5253 ext. 3 and leave a message with name, phone number, and items you have to be picked up.
Drop-offs – Materials can be dropped off during store hours.
*For all donations, the truck driver and store staff have the right to refuse an item if they feel it does not meet our quality standards. This decision will not be overturned by management.
habitat restore deconstruction program
The Habitat ReStore Deconstruction Program salvages usable building materials from homes, cabins, and businesses. All building materials are removed with care and taken to our ReStore where they are sold at a discount to the public. These sales help fund Habitat’s mission of building affordable homes for low-income families in Cass and Clay County.
Benefit of using our Habitat ReStore Deconstruction Program
● All materials salvaged serve as tax-deductible donations
● Deconstruction is done with care in a timely fashion
● Save on labor & disposal fees
● Materials salvaged are kept out of landfill
● Sale of salvaged materials at ReStore provide low-cost building supplies to the public
● All proceeds support the building of Habitat homes in Cass and Clay counties
To find out if our Habitat ReStore Deconstruction Program fits your needs please email or call at 218-284-5253 for a consultation and to schedule a walkthrough.
frequently asked questions
How do I get started?
Call or email our Restore manager for a consultation to see if our Habitat ReStore Deconstruction Program is suitable for your needs. Photos of the building materials you wish to have removed is appreciated.
Does the deconstruction service cost me anything?
No, our removal services are free. We ask that you allow us to take what we find salvageable and all other items that we deem unsaleable will be left for you to dispose of.
What do you deconstruct?
Our Habitat ReStore Deconstruction Program has been involved in many full house scrapes associated with property buyouts due to flood zones. We also do full kitchen removals and smaller projects approved on a case-by-case basis.