We believe that EVERYONE deserves a decent place to live. Unfortunately, a decent home is not the reality for many in our community. Every year, we visit homes that are, frankly, unlivable. We visit homes and apartments that are riddled with mold, falling down, have life-threatening electrical problems or are so expensive that families are unable to put food on the table. Most of the time, these families are stuck living there, due to the increasing cost of housing. In fact, nearly 13,000 households in our community are paying more than 50% of their income on housing…an unsustainable way to live and dangerously close to homelessness.
Thank you for helping make the 2019 Tour de Habitat a great success. 16 teams helped raise over $16,000 which will pay for the windows and exterior doors in 2 of our 2019 homes!
Be a part of our 2020 Tour de Habitat! Gather some friends/family members/co-workers and form a team!
- Each team should have 6 riders, but more can join as fundraisers.
- Team members will be able to join the team once the team page is set up. All members will set up their own fundraising page, that they can share with friends and family. We’d like each team to raise at least $1000!
- Ask your friends/family/clients/co-workers/UPS person/dentist/etc. to support you and the fantastic mission of Habitat. Or challenge them to form another team to complete against yours!
- The 2020 tour will be in April 23, 2020.
- First rider starts at 1:30. We’ll wrap up at about 3:30 with a short awards ceremony to follow.
- There will be 6 – 10 min stages. Each rider will ride one stage.
- Ride hard or take it easy. All are welcome.
- Prizes will be awarded for:
- Top Fundraising Team
- Top Individual Fundraiser
- Most miles ridden by a Team
- Most individual miles ridden – Male
- Most Individual miles ridden – Female
- Most Team Spirit – costumes are encouraged!