The Tour will look a little different this year, but we still think it will be an awesome event. We are taking it to your neighborhood! Join us June 21-27 for the first-ever, virtual Tour de Habitat.
We believe that EVERYONE deserves a decent place to live. Unfortunately, a decent home is not the reality for many in our community. Every year, we visit homes that are, frankly, unlivable. We visit homes and apartments that are riddled with mold, falling down, have life-threatening electrical problems, or are so expensive that families are unable to put food on the table. Most of the time, these families are stuck living there, due to the increasing cost of housing. In fact, nearly 10,000 households (about 10%) in our community are paying more than 50% of their income on housing…an unsustainable way to live and dangerously close to homelessness.
Be a part of our 2020 Tour de Habitat! The funds raised this year will help 2 single moms and their families build new homes and rebuild their lives.
Gather some friends/family members/co-workers and form a team!
- NEW THIS YEAR!
- The tour will be happening for an entire week. Join us for one day or all of them.
- You pick the activity. Bike, run, walk, skip, jump, skateboard. It’s up to you.
- Time and distance don’t matter.
- Team members will be able to join the team once the team page is set up. All members will set up their own fundraising page, that they can share with friends and family. We’d like each team to raise at least $1000!
- Ask your friends/family/clients/co-workers/UPS person/dentist/etc. to support you and the fantastic mission of Habitat. Or challenge them to form another team to compete against yours.
- Daily themes are:
- 𝗦𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆 – 𝗠𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘀 𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲, 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗮 𝗯𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲.
- 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆 – 𝗕𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗱.
- 𝗧𝘂𝗲𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 – 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵𝘆.
- 𝗪𝗲𝗱𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 – 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝗔𝗿𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆.
- 𝗧𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 – 𝗦𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗦𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗶𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆.
- 𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆 – 𝗚𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻/𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴.
- 𝗦𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗮𝘆 – 𝗔 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀.
Visit our Facebook event page for more on each theme.