SHOP. DONATE. VOLUNTEER.
What is the ReStore?
Donations from local contractors, retailers, metro area businesses, and people like you ensure that our inventory changes daily!
If you haven’t visited us lately, please stop by and check out some of the improvements we’ve made to the store. Outside, we’ve replaced the roof and updated the exterior with some new signage and lights. Inside we’ve upgraded the lights to LEDs and added security cameras. There is certainly more to do, but we are excited about these improvements. Next on our list are remodeled bathrooms, a new checkout counter, and a new parking lot.
Would you like to help us do more? We need your support to address the parking lot, bathrooms, and check-out desk. Be a part of it by adopting a pothole today!
ReStore is also a green alternative to disposing of used home improvement materials. On average, ReStore keeps over one million pounds of usable materials out of local landfills and into home building, remodeling, and creative arts projects per year.
The ReStore is a robust community of customers, donors, and volunteers. It is a cycle of giving that helps our community thrive. Keep the cycle going, donate, shop, and volunteer at Habitat ReStore.
Sunday – Monday: Closed
Tuesday – Friday: 10 – 6
Saturday: 10 – 4
Find us at
210 11th Street N
Moorhead MN 56560
Volunteer at the ReStore
Volunteers play a vital role in the success of the ReStore. Whether one day a month or every day for a few hours, we’d love your help. Volunteers are needed in various roles: cashier, appliance testing, cleaning and organizing, working on our deconstruction crew, or picking up donations on our truck. Interested? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Brianna at 218-359-0814 or email@example.com.
Check out our ReStore volunteer calendar by clicking the button below!
● Cabinets, up-to-date and not damaged
● Furniture in good condition, no rips or stains, dressers, tables, couches, chairs, bedroom sets, bookshelves, etc.
● Appliances in good working condition – Fridges, washers & dryers, ranges, etc.
● Doors and door accessories
● Plumbing: usable fixtures, parts, and supplies
● Electrical: usable fixtures, parts, and supplies
● Windows: insulated glass, no broken glass, no sashes or old storm windows accepted
● Hardware: knobs, hinges, locks, nails, cabinet pulls, nuts, bolts, screws
● Lumber: clean, no cracks, splits, or nails; at least 4 ft. long
● Roofing: no scrap metal materials please, bundled shingles & tar paper
● Carpet: new, no used carpet, at least 12’ X 8′ in size
● Tools: hand, garden, working power
● Flooring: wood (clean), ceramic tile, vinyl, laminate
● Kitchen and bath fixtures: neutral color, vanities, lighting, toilets & sinks. Toilets must be 1.6 gallons or less
● Millwork/trim: wood casing and base (clean), vinyl base, ceramic. Nails must be removed.
● Furnaces and air conditioners
● Paint: full gallons from businesses only. No used paint
● Blinds: please wrap brackets and string to keep them organized and saleable.
● Other items may be accepted. Please call 218-284-5253 to ask.
*All items must be donated during store hours or arranged to be picked up. No unauthorized dumping on ReStore/Habitat property is allowed. We do have cameras and will report any unauthorized dumping.
ReStore will not accept:
● Toys, clothes
● Glass Shower doors
● Electronics – computers
● Broken items- bricks, glass, or mirrors
● Partial, or used, cans of paint
● Paint thinner & other hazardous or toxic chemicals or pesticides
● Less than 5 lbs. of hardware—screws, nails, washers, bolts, etc.
● Rusted hardware—screws, nails, washers, bolts, etc.
● Used cast iron sinks or tubs
● Drinking fountains
● Open or used wallpaper
● Used carpet or used carpet pad
● Urinals or shower doors
● Partial sheet goods (less than ½ sheet)
● Window parts and pieces
● Trim or lumber less than 4 ft. long
● Damaged windows or doors
● Bricks: patio pavers, wall bricks, landscaping
*ReStore also has the right to refuse any donation because of its condition or potential disposal cost. No dumping is allowed on the ReStore property. We have video cameras and will report unauthorized dumping to the authorities.
Making a material donation?
Pick-ups – We are happy to schedule a pick-up of items, right from your home.
Call 218-284-5253 ext. 2 and leave a message with your name, phone number, and items you have to be picked up.
Drop-offs – Materials can be dropped off during store hours.
*We ask that all furniture is free from rips, stains, and/or tears and that appliances are in good, working condition.
*For all donations, the truck driver and store staff have the right to refuse an item if they feel it does not meet our quality standards. This decision will not be overturned by management.
Habitat ReStore Deconstruction Program
The Habitat ReStore Deconstruction Program salvages usable building materials from homes, cabins, and businesses. All building materials are removed with care and taken to our ReStore where they are sold at a discount to the public. These sales help fund Habitat’s mission of building affordable homes for low-income families in Cass and Clay County.
Benefit of using our Habitat ReStore Deconstruction Program
● All materials salvaged serve as tax-deductible donations
● Deconstruction is done with care in a timely fashion
● Save on labor & disposal fees
● Materials salvaged are kept out of landfill
● Sale of salvaged materials at ReStore provide low-cost building supplies to the public
● All proceeds support the building of Habitat homes in Cass and Clay counties
To find out if our Habitat ReStore Deconstruction Program fits your needs please email or call at 218-284-5253 for a consultation and to schedule a walkthrough.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started?
Call or email our Restore manager for a consultation to see if our Habitat ReStore Deconstruction Program is suitable for your needs. Photos of the building materials you wish to have removed is appreciated.
Does the deconstruction service cost me anything?
No, our removal services are free. We ask that you allow us to take what we find salvageable and all other items that we deem unsaleable will be left for you to dispose of.
*Free will donations are accepted and appreciated. A donation will help us cover the costs of our truck, fuel, and staffing and will help us put more money into helping build affordable housing in our community.
What do you deconstruct?
Our Habitat ReStore Deconstruction Program has been involved in many full house scrapes associated with property buyouts due to flood zones. We also do full kitchen removals and smaller projects approved on a case-by-case basis.